Sometimes, you stare into your fridge, wondering how you can possibly make a meal from the weird assortment of loose ends staring back at you. Sunday was one of those times.
Blue cheese. A cupboard full of onions. And some garden herbs. Rosemary.
But like, what?
Slow cooked. Caramelized. Onions. Tart blue cheese. Sweet, earthy and fragrant fresh rosemary.
And lots of pasta.
I’d make this again in a heartbeat, even with a fridge full of goodies. The sweetness of the slow cooked, caramelized onions really did something for me. Hope you’ll feel the same.
What’s your go to when your cupboards are bare?
Audion Pairing: Grazin in the Grass by Orchestra Harlow
Carmelized Onions + Blue Cheese Pasta Recipe
By August 5, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2-3 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Sometimes, you stare into your fridge, wondering how you can possibly make a meal from the weird assortment of loose ends staring back …
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 2 cups pasta I used penne
- 1/3-1/2 cup blue cheese diced
- a few springs of rosemary
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- course salt + pepper to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat your olive oil on medium heat, in a large pan. Add your onions, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Turn the heat to low and stir constantly until the onions are caramelized.
- While your onions + garlic are cooking, cook your pasta until al dente.
- Assemble your pasta. Drain your noodles, and add them to your caramelized onions and garlic in the pan. Drop in half of your cheese and mix together. Plate and add the remainder of your cheese. Salt + pepper to taste. Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress