Nothing tastes of summer more than pie. And since I seem to be on a French kick, let’s make it a galette, shall we?
Quest-ce que c’est un galette?
It’s a free form, crust-laden form -something between a pie and a tart. Some have a top, this one is topless. Oh la la!
I had so so much fresh rosemary from our forays in Sicily – this stuff was growing like weeds in a national park we wandering through. So I broke off a few branches and took my contraband back to Holland with me.
And then I threw it in everything. Savory.
By why not something sweet? I scoured the internet for something with a peach and rosemary combination; disheartened when I only found cocktails. Those are good, too, but I wanted pie.
Then I saw this recipe that combined the two, so wonderfully, in a crumble. Margherita, you inspired me.
I used this pie crust recipe.
Audio Pairing: Serbia by Tala
Peach and Rosemary Galette
By July 25, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 6-inch galletes (8-10 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Nothing tastes of summer more than pie. And since I seem to be on a French kick, let's make it a galette, shall we? Quest-ce que …
- 1 pie crust dough divided into 4
- 5 medium peaches pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 juice and zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 3 tbsp milk for brushing the crush
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary lightly packed
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced peaches, sugar, flour, lemon zest, juice and rosemary. Refrigerate while preparing the crust.
- Cut your pie dough into 4 portions, and refrigerate 3. Roll your first dough ball into an 8-inch circle, at about 1/4 inch thickness. Spoon 1/4 of filling into the center leaving nearly 2 inches around the edge free.
- Fold the dough borders over the filling towards the middle, pressing the folds slightly. Repeat with the remainder of your dough and filling.
- Brush the edges of your galette's crust with milk and sprinkle sugar atop.
- Bake at 425F/220C for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350F/185C and bake for another 20 minutes or until the crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack - serve warm or room temp.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress