I recently achieved two great personal culinary feats. First, I was asked to cater a bachlorette party which was hosted by a good friend from work, Anita. This lovely Latvian spitfire kindly requested some canapes and the like for her and her 10 lady-friends on a Saturday to celebrate. The meal was a success, though I was *exceptionally* neurotic before during and after the process.
Then, just a week before 10 hungry Dutchies were due over for the Englishman’s 30th birthday and dinner party, our caterer canceled. My anxiety was through the roof, but after a bottle of wine, I mustered the courage to accept the challenge of a 10-person dinner party. Success again! Everyone was silent while eating (a cook’s biggest compliment!) and stuffed. I was so please with myself.
After hemming and hawing about what the hell to make that was party-friendly, portable, semi-healthy and would be liked by some seriously international palates, these stuffed mushrooms came through in a pinch. You can add all kinds of extra, like a sprinkle of parmesan in the last few minutes of baking, or a drizzle of balsamic once they’ve cooled. Tailor them to your crowd, Latvians, Dutchies or otherwise :)
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
By July 16, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
I recently achieved two great personal culinary feats. First, I was asked to cater a bachlorette party which was hosted by a good …
- 20 large button mushrooms stems removed and put aside
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- After you've removed the stems from your mushrooms, place the tops aside.
- Finely chop your stems. In a large pan, add your stems, onions and garlic and sautee in your olive oil. add your parsley and breadcrumbs until its reduced to about half the size.
- Add your wine, then allow the mixture to fully absorb the wine. Stuff your mushroom caps with about 1 tsp of the mixture, and place on your baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top has become a bit crunchy. Best served warm!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress